Just a photo a day -- journaling my everyday life. A fun way to be expressive and creative while documenting moments in time.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
1-28-2011 My Mom the Quilter
This is a picture of my mom with a quilt she gave me a few years ago. How I wish I could turn back the clock.
My mind is obsessed with quilts lately. As I am finishing up my 4th one, I can't help but think how happy my mom would have been to see me enjoying this hobby. She quilted and gave everyone of us a quilt- 6 kids and many many grandkids. She gave quilts away to charities and enjoyed quilting with her three sisters. She loved to show off her latest work and her eyes would shine with excitement when she talked about her next project. I understand that excitement. I find myself doing the same thing.
I was just learning how to quilt when my mom died so I didn't really get to share the passion.
However, I feel somehow, she knows and she is smiling down at the third generation of "quilters."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment