Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3-2-11 Vroom Vroom


A friend of mine just posted something about hearing her daughter in her bedroom and the sweetness of her chatter. Made me think about my own kids and their alone times when they didn't know I was listening. Mallory used to dress her dog up and ride her all around the yard on her golf cart- showing "Rachel" the town she had made among the trees. I would sit in my window and just watch as she carried on with that patient dog. Years later, Taylor came along and with that came the monster trucks and dirt bikes with little men and imaginative narration. Many times, he would sit at my feet and play while I would grade papers or read. Soothing is the perfect word to describe it. Now I have my little Dexter playing with the same trucks and making the same sounds. Vroom Vroom-- ahhhhh music to my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment