Just a photo a day -- journaling my everyday life. A fun way to be expressive and creative while documenting moments in time.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
2-8-11 Favorite things
A fellow blogger is devoting her pictures in Feb. to the things she loves. That got me to thinking -I have this picture of Taylor at work.
This picture of Taylor is one of my favorite photos and one of my favorite memories. It was a hot summer day (back in the day when I was teaching and had the summers off). Taylor loved helping me in the garden and we had just picked a bunch of cherry tomatoes. He settled himself on the lawn chair and picked all the green stems from the tomatoes.
I just love his little dimples and the glint in his eye. I can hear him scolding the dogs for jumping up to help him-(can you see Maggie, my golden retrievers head in the corner of the photo?), and giggling when the dogs snatched a tomato from his little hands. I can smell that wonderful aroma of fresh tomatoes and can feel the warmth of the hot summer sun as we sat on the back patio at my little country house.
I miss those summers -- but I am thrilled I have my photos to bring up those sweet memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that memory..
ReplyDeleteI love it too! I love how photos can help us remember so many details, a place, a time, a person... And I love how you share them with us.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I remember Maggie. She was the dog that helped Drew get over his huge fear of dogs. She was the sweetest dog ever.
Thanks Ladies! I love my memories- I have always told the kids that when I am old and gray in the nursing home- just to leave me with my photos and I would be a happy woman:)
ReplyDeleteBillie- I forgot that Drew got to meet Maggie- thats around the same time I started Church too-- we've been good for each other:)